I love brunch. All of the possible foods you can have during brunch are awesome. Just awesome. Who doesn’t love eating sometime after normal breakfast hours and before normal lunch hours? Who doesn’t love the leisure aspect of it all?! Well, no one, that’s who! 🙂 Today I made a simple, yet tasty brunch for my husband and me and wanted to share the quick and easy recipe. All you need are vegan croissants (or regular croissants), berries, almond milk creamer, bananas and a few spices.
Let me start off by telling you that this brunch was made entirely out of leftovers in my fridge and some black berries that were in need of using before they went bad. My husband and I were going to go out for brunch but at the last moment, I decided to use what we had in our fridge and make this instead. Worked out pretty well!
Because of my graduation party last weekend, we bought coconut milk coffee creamer for our friends and family that might want a dairy-free option and I just so happened to have a cup and a half left to use in this recipe. I took one taste of it and realized that I could use this instead of regular almond or coconut milk because it’s made with cane sugar and is slightly sweeter. There was no need for additional sugar or maple syrup.
Just stack the ingredients and pour the creamer and spices on…super simple!
I’ve been working so hard these past few weeks to get our rooftop patio in shape for summer. I finally found time on Saturday to clean, paint and reupholster a few things to make it usable for our Sunday brunch. I seriously plan on spending the majority of the summer up there relaxing and eating more brunches in the future. Happy Summer loves! 🙂
- 3 vegan croissants, ripped into 1 inch pieces
- 1½ cups coconut milk creamer
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup black berries
- 1 ripe banana
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a 9x9 baking pan, place croissant pieces in pan and add berries. Add bananas. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add coconut creamer, vanilla and cinnamon. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Pour creamer mixture on top of the 'bake' and let sit for 5 minutes. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and plate.